Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our Biggest Project Ever!



Nicole and I broke the news yesterday over Twitter and Facebook, but I thought it would be nice to post the announcement here as well. Nicole is just over 3 months pregnant. And you thought it would never happen! Well honestly, neither did we, so this was a bit of a surprise for us.


We went for the whole genetic screening and got another ultrasound yesterday. I don’t know if I’m reading into things too much but this fetus is starting to look…..familiar. It’s almost as if its trying to tell me something about safety glasses?? Weird! (Thanks Kichelle for the Photoshop work!)


Assuming all goes well, we’ll be looking at a Christmas-time delivery. So things are going to get rather crazy for us. Two confirmed DINKS now have 6 months to make room for the smallest yet most significant change to their lives since they started playing World of Warcraft. ha!


Its been a pretty wild ride so far. Unfortunately, Nicole has been sick 24/7. Not just the normal morning sickness you see in the movies. I’m talking the “debilitating, losing weight, can’t get out of bed and needs medicine” kind of sick. So its been tricky balancing a Guild Build with making sure she’s eating/drinking properly. I guess that’s probably just a hint of what its going to be like when the baby comes. Nature really has a way of giving us practice warm-ups.


And yes, I do plan on making some baby-related items for the show. But I plan to be as practical as possible. Things like cradles are nice, but they have a limited time use. So I’m thinking more along the lines of a changing table or a custom 3 in 1 crib that converts to a toddler bed and eventually a twin bed. Fortunately, both projects would include techniques and concepts that apply to all types of furniture, even if you have no plans on building something for a baby.


And here’s the actual ultrasound picture in case any of you want to see the real alien baby. Someone on Twitter said it looks a lot like Venom. As a Marvel man, that makes me very happy! Oh and by the way, if you can believe it, I already came up with a great name: Cocobolo Spagnuolo. Still trying to convince Nicole though!


Click Here and Start WoodWorking

No comments:

Post a Comment